SQData enables the replication of changed data into Hadoop and/or Hbase from traditional sources such as IMS, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, VSAM, etc. SQData supports both point-in-time (insert only) and synchronized (incremental updates) to Hadoop targets, both of which are described below in more detail.
- Replication directly into Hadoop and/or Hbase from IMS, DB2, VSAM and non-z/OS databases
- Parallel apply for high throughput and reduced latency
- Tunable update cycles based on time and/or the number of CDC records pending
- Supports both synchronized and point-in-time targets
- Provides bulk data load capabilities
- Extensive built-in data cleansing and transformation capabilities
- Real-time performance metrics and alerts
- Includes all SQData toolset features, including event publishing, active-active replication, etc.
Point-in-Time Replication Replication → How it Works
All source changes are appended to an existing target HDFS file(s). Use cases typically include slowly changing dimensions, tracking trends, and/or historical auditing of the source data. Analytics leverage timestamps and source change operation (insert, update, delete) for point-in-time targets.