Fast, flexible, efficient.
Instant CloningExpert (ICE) automates and controls the processes required to create a homogeneous system copy or to clone DB2 objects. It addresses and solves all most common problems incurred when creating copies. ICE allows you to:
- Fully exploit instant copies like ESS FlashCopy, Timefinder, and Snapshot
- Automate and drastically speed up cloning
- Create and refresh quality assurance or data warehouse environments that duplicate production
- Duplicate entire subsystems or just the data
- Refresh and merge clones
ICE supports two methods of cloning; homogeneous system copies and homogeneous object copies.
Homogeneous System Copy (HSC) clones an entire DB2 subsystem with load libraries (optionally) and supports extremely fast low-level renaming and XML exits. HSC supports every way of cloning, both online or offline:
- Data sharing to data sharing
- Non-data sharing to non-data sharing
- Data sharing to non-data sharing, and vice versa
- Data sharing x members to data sharing y members
- Cross version cloning
Homogeneous Object Copies (HOC) clones just the data you need. HOC clones either single objects or groups of objects based on these approaches:
- Generation of DDL to run on the target system, i.e., when only the DDL is needed
- Data cloning from source to target, i.e., when only the object data is needed
- Both generation of DDL for execution on the target system and data cloning, i.e., to fully duplicate objects
ICE is fully customizable to fit any environment. ICE: Clone in minutes instead of days.